👋 Hey there! I'm Shuaib. An IT Auditor with a unique blend of coding and data analytics skills. I majored in Computer Science and Economics.
I'm an explorer and creator. Driven by discovery, with a deep passion for learning about myself and the world, I am intrigued by the many things I don't know. Less focused on the destination than the journey. I live in the moment and relish novelty.
I explore wide-ranging subjects and research them deeply to apply them to my life to solve interesting problems. I'm driven to improve how I think and to think of new ways of doing things.
The best place to get in touch with me is via Twitter @shuuabe
What can I find here?
I started this as a blog in January 2020, primarily to document reference guides on how I solved technical problems I was working on. The site is now evolving as I begin to add my views on topics I'm interested in: technology, entrepreneurship, personal growth. I'll also document my experiences and what I've learned from explorations and experiments in a wide array of interests from code, macroeconomics, investment, cryptocurrencies, productivity, and building an internet presence.
Intellectual Interests and Technical Skills
- Reading non-fiction books, primarily on personal effectiveness and business
- Bitcoin, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and decentralization.
- How economies and the modern financial system works. The history and evolution of money. The nature of inflation.
- Business risk in the context of internal audit, from an operational and cybersecurity standpoint
- SQL, Python, and Regular Expressions for data cleansing and data analysis
- Setting up low-cost technology infrastructure for department-level apps.
- Deploying open-source business applications